Detox from CANDIDIASIS (Yeast)
Hello once again~
The Serenity Weight Loss and Detoxification Program actually started in response to the author's personal challenges with yeast, over 30 years ago. With one vaginal yeast infection after the other, severe constipation, severe menstrual cramps, bloated tummy, especially at the end of the day, when it may have swollen to the size of a basketball! Not cool, on an otherwise petite frame. Tip: I also had one dental infection after the other, that was treated with one round of antibiotic after the other. Hmmmm...that should be a clue for you, as we begin to unravel my personal journey.
My quest to discover the cause to my kooky medical challenges led me to an exhaustive study on what YEAST is exactly and how one rids the body of it permanently. We are talking about YEAST overgrowth; we do not intend to imply that your gut will be yeast-free, ever!
Important note: I know this is contrary to much of the information out there in TV land, but for the past 30 years that I have studied yeast overgrowth and applied the information and training into my clinical work, which later formed the foundation of my nutritional program. However, in my journey I discovered that I hold several differences of opinion that are worth noting upfront:
As a PALEO expert and a naturalist I do not support the following:
1. Vinegar- it rids the body of yeasty symptoms but it not address the cause; in fact in my experience it is like pouring kerosene on a fire and actually causes yeast candida to flare up.
Sorry to all those who thought differently, including the BRAGG'S Vinegar detox devotees. Why not err on the side of caution? Do you really NEED Vinegar, Sauerkraut and pickles anyway?
Only a man would invent vinegar to rid the body of yeast; typically seen as female predominate problem . Yes, I went there. lol However, THIS IS NOT A FEMALE ONLY PROBLEM
2. I am therefore anti fermented veggies to rid the body of Candida, unless fermented with salt
3. I believe you should eliminate ALL diary, so yes, that include the probiotc rich yogurts
4. I like the use of KOMBUCHA for stubborn digestive problems, HOWEVER, I would like to see you consult a coach beforehand. KOMBUCHA is made by starting with a bacteria "filter" sort of speak, called "SCOBY". Sugar and yeast is used, (plus Black or Green tea-no problem there) resulting in a vinegar by-product. As you might imagine, one could question the use of KOMBUCHA in an anti-yeast program.
Why does it clearly work for some? Perhaps it works like a vaccine or as homeopathy. If you give the body the problem, it eliminates the problem. I am not use. My theory has not been tested. Nevertheless, I am including KOMBUCHA on this blog post and we have taught on the use of KOMBUCHA in the Serenity Program . We will continue to do so; it is one of the most fascinating and intriguing products on the market.
OK...., let's get started on my program
Michelle Edmonds, M.A., M.Ed
Author and Founder
Serenity Weight Loss and Detoxification ProgramFor personal coaching assistance
CAUSES OF CANDIDA OVERGROWTH
WHY PROBIOTICS CAN HELP
• How many bacterial strains per capsule or dose?
Some probiotics contain an individual strain while others can contain 10 or more strains in each capsule. Some experts are of the opinion that probiotics with a greater variety of bacterial strains are more helpful in treating candida than those containing a single strain.
However so long as your probiotic has several of the more important strains such as B.Bifidum and L. Acidophilus you should be good to go.
• Should I take them in capsule or powder form?
While probiotics are available in several supplementary forms, it is best to purchase the capsules as opposed to powder. The reason for that is that the probiotics need to find their way into the gut before being destroyed along the way.
I Used anti fungal teas and HERBS such as:
Finally, I topped off my ANTI~CANDIDA
program with Coffee enemas
Finally, I must give credit to the following reference guides, which became my primary go-sources for YEAST information long before it became popular to pay attention to this potential deadly fungus
Oops..I forgot..for very severe cases like mine,
I also used
hydrogen peroxide drips